1. Product Overview
The Brocade 300 Fibre Switch is an 8 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel switch and is an economical entry-level solution designed for small SANs or the edge of a large SAN. It enables SMBs to simplify their IT infrastructure, improve system performance, realize the value of virtual server deployments and reduce overall storage costs.
1. Cost-effective SAN technology
The brocade Brocade 300 Fabric Switch delivers increased performance and robust functionality at an entry-level solution price. It combines auto-detection of Fibre Channel throughput at 1, 2, 4 and 8 Gbit/sec with features designed to enhance the performance of the fibre fabric. The brocade 300 fiber optic switch is capable of delivering this much power while consuming less than 2.5 watts per port, and as a result, is power and cooling efficient.
The brocade 300 fabric switch features a non-blocking architecture that supports up to 24 ports operating simultaneously at 8 Gbit/s (full duplex) without overcommitment—192 GB/sec total bandwidth Second. In addition, enhanced Brocade ISL trunk consolidation can support a single logical high-speed trunk with throughputs up to 64 GB/sec.
2. Simplified management
With the Brocade EZSwitchSetup installation wizard, you can easily and conveniently install and configure the Brocade Brocade 300 fabric switch. Switch configuration, deployment and management become a simple three-step click operation. In multi-switch environments, Brocade Network Advisor software provides data center fabric management capabilities, including configuration, monitoring and management of Brocade backbones, switches and adapters. The brocade 300 fabric switch is compatible with Microsoft Simple SAN and features a USB port that improves maintenance ease and error logging by simplifying firmware upgrades and system log file downloads.
3. Simple and fast extension
Brocade 300 Fabric Switches are easy to deploy and manage, and can be easily integrated into new and existing IT environments. The brocade 300 fiber switch has a variety of functions such as Ports on Demand (ports can be expanded from 8 to 16 or 24), so enterprises can expand their storage network at any time as needed without affecting the business. normal operation. Alternatively, businesses can start by deploying 4 Gbit/sec SFPs and then upgrade to 8 Gbit/sec SFPs as needed.
4. Connection options
Access Gateway mode uses the N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) switch standard to present Fibre Channel connections as logical devices into the SAN fabric. The Brocade 300 in access gateway mode can connect to Brocade, McDATA, or other SAN fabrics if connected using switches and directors that support NPIV technology.
5. Brocade optical transceiver module
Brocade 8 Gbit/sec switches require Brocade optical transceiver modules. This module is available in a variety of models to meet different speed and distance requirements. Suitable for use in Brocade 8Gbit/sec products, these small form-factor pluggable (SFP) modules increase performance, reduce power consumption, and help ensure high availability for mission-critical applications.
6. Compliance with industry standards
Brocade products meet industry standards and use generally accepted engineering practices and processes.
Brocade Brocade 300 fiber switch picture
2. Product Features
· Brocade Brocade 300 Fabric Switches provide affordable infrastructure for entry-level SANs.
Provides 1:1 performance of 8 Gbit/s for up to 24 ports in a 1U rack.
· Simplifies configuration and management with the Brocade EZSwitchSetup installation wizard and is compatible with Microsoft Simple SAN.
· Includes Brocade Network Advisor Professional for multi-switch monitoring and management.
Offers “pay-as-you-grow” scalability from 8 to 16 or 24 ports with Port On Demand (PoD) capability.
· The brocade Brocade 300 fabric switch provides dual functionality as a full fabric SAN switch or as a Brocade access gateway device supporting N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV).
· Brocade Brocade 300 Fabric Switches provide adaptive network services, such as Quality of Service (QoS), to help enterprises optimize application performance in consolidated virtual environments.
· Protect existing equipment investments with automatic detection of 1, 2, 4 and 8 Gbit/s.
· Combine increased bandwidth with reduced power consumption to improve energy efficiency.
Future-proof investment protection, allowing businesses to deploy 4 Gbps SFPs and then upgrade to 8 Gbps SFP+ when needed.